- Go To Home
- Advising FAQs
- Conferencing & Event Services
- Graduate Programs
- Solutions at Sage
- Thank You!
- Undergraduate Programs
- Mission & History
- Fast Facts
- President’s Office
- Board of Trustees
- Office of The Provost
- Strategic Planning
- Accolades & Accreditations
- Resources & Initiatives
- The Women’s Institute
- Thrive @ Russell Sage
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- Greener Sage
- Consumer Information
- Conferencing & Events
- Maps & Directions
- Work at Sage
- Offices & Centers
- Academic Calendar
- Program Finder
- List of Academic Programs
- General Education
- Courses & Catalogs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- Esteves School of Education
- Dean’s Welcome
- Academic Programs
- Applied Behavior Analysis Program Details
- Educational Leadership Program Details
- Faculty & Staff
- Conceptual Framework
- Graduate Symposium Award-Winners
- School of Health Sciences
- Dean’s Welcome
- Faculty & Staff
- Biology Program
- Health Sciences Program
- Nursing Programs
- Nutrition Programs
- M.S. Occupational Therapy Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Program
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Programs
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Studies
- Psychology Programs
- Forensic Mental Health Program
- School of Management
- Evening & Weekend Programs
- Online Programs
- Academic Resources
- Office of the Registrar
- Accreditations & Affiliations
- Student Accounts
- Student Services
- Advisement & Support
- Centers of Inquiry
- Council for Citizenship Education
- Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung Center for the Promotion of Mental Health & School Safety
- The Helen M. Upton Center for Women’s Studies
- The Kathleen A. Donnelly Center for Undergraduate Research
- Sage Climate Crisis Educational Center
- Sage-SIFT Alliance
- The Center for Teaching & Learning
- Institutional Review Board
- Rubin Community Fellows Program
- Broughton Graduate Fellowship
- Find Funding Sources
- Graduate Research Symposium
- Centers of Inquiry
- Special Opportunities
- Admission & Aid
- Undergraduate Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Request Info
- Visit, Events & Virtual Tours
- Evening, Weekend & Online Programs
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid Resources
- Undergraduate Aid
- Graduate Student Aid
- State & Federal Aid
- Federal Financial Aid Refund Policy and Calculations
- Undergraduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Graduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- VA Continuing Students
- VA New Students
- VA Transfer Students
- Verification by Inceptia
- Verification of Financial Aid
- Institutional Aid & Scholarships
- Financial Aid FAQ
- Meet the Financial Aid Staff
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Student Life
- Student Life Office
- Residence Life
- Wellness Center
- Stall Stories
- Health Services
- Counseling Services
- After-Hours Care
- Immunization Forms
- Accessibility Services
- Recreation & Fitness
- Wellness Center Staff
- Clubs & Activities
- Spirituality Center
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Sage Allies
- Title IX
- What Is Title IX?
- Top 10 Things Students Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Top 10 Things Employees Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Students’ Bill of Rights
- Sexual Offense Policies & Procedures
- Faculty and Staff Resources for Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
- Reporting Rights
- Reporting & Confidential Resources
- Campus Climate Executive Summary
- It’s On Us: Sexual Assault Prevention
- Career Planning
- Resources for Students
- Student Employment
- Virtual Work Experience
- Video Tips & Webinars
- Parent & Family Guide
- Job Search Guide
- Websites for Specific Majors
- Alumnae & Alumni
- For Employers
- Student Organizations
- Faculty & Staff
- Career Closet
- Sage Engaged
- STEM/Healthcare Career Expo
- Diverse Population Resources
- Office of Career Planning
- The Rev
- News & Events
- Corporate, Government and Foundation Relations
- List of Current Funds
- Make a Gift
- Missing Alumni
- New Student Welcome
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is my Faculty Advisor?
→ For academic advising, registration, and graduation planning assistance students work with their assigned faculty advisor from their major department, also known as, Faculty Advisor (major). The Faculty Advisor (major) is your primary advisor. Their name and contact information is listed in your Self Service Student Planning account in two places.
• Student Planning – My Progress – At a Glance section – click on the Show Program Notes link.
• Student Planning – Plan & Schedule – Advising tab. (See image below).
How to request a Major Change or Add a Minor?
→ The Office of Academic Advising ([email protected]) assists students with changing their major.
→ Change of Major/add a Minor information: catalog.sage.edu/change-of-major-minor-or-advisor.
→ Students wishing to change their major or add a minor may do so by sending an email to, [email protected], with their name, student ID#, and the new major (or minor) they wish to declare. Note: some major change requests require meeting with the Advising Office. All academic program changes require the approval of the Advising Office. Note: some major programs have specific admission GPA requirements.
How to Withdraw from a Class?
→ Submit withdrawal request in writing (email) by the Last day to Withdraw from Class. The withdrawal date is listed on the Academic Calendar. Important: first discuss if course withdrawal is needed or recommended with the Course Instructor. If you learn you need to withdraw from the course, discuss with your Faculty Advisor-major how course withdrawal affects degree progress and graduation. And, discuss with the Financial Aid Office how course withdrawal will affect your current and future financial aid and scholarship status.
Course Withdrawal Request (W grade) – options
1. Complete the Add/Drop Registration Change form (pdf) by deadline listed on the Academic Calendar. RSC Add/Drop Form
2. Or, request course withdrawal by email. Send request to the Registrar’s Office from your Sage email account by deadline listed on the Academic Calendar.
— Required in the email, must include in the cc: line, your Faculty Advisor-major, Course Instructor, and Financial Aid Office ([email protected]).
How is my Grade Point Average (GPA) calculated?
→ See Catalog for example: catalog.sage.edu/calculating-grade-point-average-gpa
→ Formula: Total Quality Points ÷ Total GPA credits = GPA. GPA is based on credits completed and grades earned at Russell Sage College. RSC grade point averages are calculated to the third decimal place.
When do I Register for Classes?
→ See Registration Timeline: sage.edu/academics/academic-resources/registrar/registration-timeline/
→ Registration Instructions & Video: sage.edu/academics/academic-resources/registrar/registration-instructions/
How to request the Pass/Fail Grade for a non-major or non-minor course?
→ Completed form due by the Last Day to Opt for Pass/Fail deadline as listed on the Academic Calendar. Note: if you earn an F grade, it is a real grade that goes on the transcript and is included in GPA calculation.
→ Pass/Fail request form (Sage Google Form): docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJKul89WNnxIVzHppvcyT5eOqlK94S4wpM-_ZYaJwZIrB_PQ/viewform
→ Pass/Fail grade policy: catalog.sage.edu/evaluation-of-academic-work
I am on a Wait-list. How do I get in the class?
→ The waitlist process is handled by the Registrar’s Office. You will receive an email from [email protected] when a seat becomes available with instructions to register for the class in Student Planning. Note: once the email is sent, you have 48-72 hours to register for the class. If you miss the deadline you will have to put yourself back on the class waitlist. Course instructors cannot give you a seat or register you for the class.
I am a current student. Can I take a summer transfer course?
→ Prior approval is required for current students to transfer new credits to their Sage record. See Catalog for policy on transfer of credit after matriculation.
1) Student completes the Student Transfer Credit Approval Form (Registrar’s Office google form) for each course they wish to transfer: https://forms.gle/w7kHPRt1NrxNc8kHA
2) Student requests an official transcript be sent directly to Sage when class/term ends. Note: a course grade of C- or higher (1.700) is required for credits to transfer. The transfer college Registrar’s Office mails to Sage an official transcript in a sealed envelope (US mail) to: Russell Sage College, Office of Admission, 140 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208. OR — Electronic transcripts may be emailed from the transfer college directly to Sage: [email protected]
When do newly enrolled students register?
→ See New UG Student Advising Notes [Link]