Health services include sick visits, physicals, gynecological visits, and more. The staff considers a student’s diet, exercise, lifestyle, environment, and mental health before suggesting a path to wellness. The nurse practitioners and registered nurses work in collaboration with a physician. Referrals are given as needed.
Appointments are preferred for health services and non-crisis counseling services. Walk-ins are accepted depending on availability.
Health Services Fees
There is no charge for the office visit at the Wellness Center. Additionally, the Wellness Center does not bill your healthcare insurance unless you have the CDPHP Sage student plan.
However, there are minimal charges for some services.
- Physical Exam – $30.00
- Gyn Exam/PAP – student responsible for lab fees
- Plan B – $20.00
- Nebulizer Treatment – $5.00
- Quick Strep Test – $5.00
- Pregnancy Test – $5.00
- Tetanus Booster – $36.00
- PPD – $10.00
- as priced
Payment is due at time of service. Make checks payable to The Sage Colleges.
Services include annual gynecological exams, pap smears, contraceptive counseling and prescriptions, emergency contraception, treatment and counseling for sexually transmitted diseases, and pregnancy testing and counseling.
Seasonal flu vaccines are available at The Sage Colleges Wellness Centers. This vaccine provides protection from the seasonal flu as well as the H1N1 virus.
Flu shots are free for Sage students and $15 for Sage employees.
Please call for an appointment:
- Troy Wellness Center
- Albany Wellness Center
Who should get the flu vaccine?
All people 6 months of age and older should get the flu vaccine.
5 Ways to Help Prevent the Flu (and other viruses)
- Wash your hands, especially before eating, and after working on a shared computer, desk, or other item. Carrying a hand sanitizer can be helpful if you are often short on time or water!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Touching these after coming into contact with germs can allow the germs to enter the body and cause illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Wash your hands! It cant be said enough. Washing your hands or sanitizing with a hand sanitizer is one of the best ways to keep from passing and receiving viruses.
All full-time students at The Sage Colleges must maintain health insurance coverage for all semesters in which they are enrolled. Health insurance purchasing and waiver information is available online.
You may also be eligible for health insurance through Fidelis Care NY. Please visit Fidelis Care NY to learn more.
Verification of Medical Illness Policy
The Wellness Center does not provide documentation of student medical illness/injury. A copy of this policy does not excuse a student from class.
Students who miss class due to illness/injury are encouraged to notify their faculty directly, preferably before missing a class. Most faculty members accept your word that you have a legitimate reason for missing class, an exam, or an assignment deadline. All decisions about the impact of your absence on your grade, as well as any arrangements for making up work, rest with your professor.
Illness varies greatly among individuals. We expect students to take a reasonable and responsible approach to their academic responsibilities while keeping in mind the public health and safety of themselves and others.
Copies of this policy may be given to the student upon request.
All consultations and referrals are kept confidential and private in accordance with state and federal guidelines. Information obtained in counseling and health services will not be shared with anyone without the student’s written consent, except when a student is in danger of harming him or herself or others.