- Go To Home
- A Supportive Path for The College of Saint Rose Students to Russell Sage College
- Advising FAQs
- Beacon Alert
- Conferencing & Event Services
- Gator Gateway
- Graduate Programs
- Introducing…The Gator Gateway
- Notifications for Job Fair including Community Corrections Opportunities
- Russell Sage Blog
- Thank You!
- Undergraduate Programs
- Why Sage?
- Mission & History
- Fast Facts
- President’s Office
- Board of Trustees
- Office of The Provost
- Strategic Planning
- Accolades & Accreditations
- Resources & Initiatives
- The Women’s Institute
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- Greener Sage
- Consumer Information
- Conferencing & Events
- Maps & Directions
- Work at Sage
- Offices & Centers
- Academic Calendar
- Program Finder
- List of Academic Programs
- General Education
- Courses & Catalogs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- Esteves School of Education
- Academic Programs
- Applied Behavior Analysis Program Details
- Educational Leadership Program Details
- Faculty & Staff
- Conceptual Framework
- Graduate Symposium Award-Winners
- Academic Programs
- School of Health Sciences
- Faculty & Staff
- Biology Program
- Health Sciences Program
- Nursing Programs
- Occupational Therapy
- Nutrition Programs
- M.S. Occupational Therapy Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Program
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Programs
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Studies
- Psychology Programs
- Forensic Mental Health Program
- School of Management
- Evening & Weekend Programs
- Online Programs
- Academic Resources
- Office of the Registrar
- Accreditations & Affiliations
- Student Accounts
- Student Services
- Advisement & Support
- Centers of Inquiry
- Council for Citizenship Education
- Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung Center for the Promotion of Mental Health & School Safety
- The Helen M. Upton Center for Women’s Studies
- The Kathleen A. Donnelly Center for Undergraduate Research
- Sage Climate Crisis Educational Center
- Sage-SIFT Alliance
- The Center for Teaching & Learning
- Institutional Review Board
- Rubin Community Fellows Program
- Broughton Graduate Fellowship
- Find Funding Sources
- Graduate Research Symposium
- Centers of Inquiry
- Special Opportunities
- Admission & Aid
- Undergraduate Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Request Info
- Visit, Events & Virtual Tours
- Evening, Weekend & Online Programs
- Cost & Financial Aid
- What to Know About the New Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid Resources
- Undergraduate Aid
- Graduate Student Aid
- State & Federal Aid
- Federal Financial Aid Refund Policy and Calculations
- Undergraduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Graduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- VA Continuing Students
- VA New Students
- VA Transfer Students
- Verification by Inceptia
- Verification of Financial Aid
- Institutional Aid & Scholarships
- Financial Aid FAQ
- Meet the Financial Aid Staff
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Student Life
- Student Life Office
- Residence Life
- Wellness Center
- Stall Stories
- Health Services
- Counseling Services
- After-Hours Care
- Immunization Forms
- Accessibility Services
- COVID-19 Guidance
- Recreation & Fitness
- Wellness Center Staff
- Clubs & Activities
- Spirituality Center
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Sage Allies
- Title IX
- What Is Title IX?
- Top 10 Things Students Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Top 10 Things Employees Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Students’ Bill of Rights
- Policies & Procedures
- Faculty and Staff Resources for Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
- Reporting Rights
- Reporting & Confidential Resources
- Campus Climate Executive Summary
- It’s On Us: Sexual Assault Prevention
- Career and Self-Discovery Center
- The Rev
- News & Events
- Corporate, Government and Foundation Relations
- List of Current Funds
- Make a Gift
- Missing Alumni
- New Student Welcome
1. After I have been accepted to an undergraduate program at Russell Sage College, how will I know what courses will transfer in?
Once you have been accepted, Admission then forwards all of your transcripts to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation for appropriate applicability to your program of study at Sage. In many instances, research for course descriptions and information on course content needs to be done and approved by faculty prior to a course being transferred into Sage. After all courses have been reviewed and applied to your record, a Transfer Equivalency Report listing all courses transferred in from your previous institution(s) with their respective Sage equivalent is then sent on to you for your records.
2. Can you send proof of my enrollment to my insurance company?
Yes. The Enrollment Verification Form is available upon request at the Office of the Registrar and online through Sage Passport. The Enrollment Verification Request https://www.sage.edu/academics/academic-resources/registrar/enrollment-verification/ Form can be found in Self-Service under the “Academics” tab on the left hand side of the screen. The form can be either faxed, mailed, or dropped off and requires the student’s signature for us to release enrollment information. Based on the student’s needs the form can be faxed, mailed or picked up in our office. This process normally takes 3-5 business days.
3. Can I register for classes or add/drop classes over the phone?
No. Course registration as well as add/drop can be completed through the use of Student Planning within Self-Service. However, there are times during the academic year when you will be required to come into the Office of the Registrar so we can process the request for you. The Office of the Registrar will also accept registration inquiries via email.
4. Can I cross-register for a class during the summer?
No. Cross-registration is only available during the Fall and Spring semesters for full-time Russell Sage College undergraduate students.
5. How long do I have to elect a class Pass/Fail?
Undergraduate students have until the 12th week of the semester to elect a class as Pass/Fail. Students can specify, at the time they elect Pass/Fail, that they would like to keep their final letter grade if it is at or above a grade of their choosing. Faculty members are not informed of the student’s decision to elect the Pass/Fail option.
6. How do I go about obtaining approval for taking a summer course at another institution?
Complete a “Request for Approval of Transfer Credit” form and obtain all required signatures (Advisor, Program Coordinator/Chair, Dean in extenuating circumstances). This form is available in the Office of the Registrar. This form is then kept on file until you have your official transcript sent from the institution you attended. Once this official transcript is received, we then transfer in the course.
7. I submitted a course waiver, why didn’t I receive 3 credits for it?
If you get a course waived, it only means that you don’t have to take that course. A waiver does not mean that you will receive any credit for it to meet minimal credit hours completed for your degree.
8. My Progress in Student Planning states that I have “X” number of credits. My advisor and I counted and I have twice that many. Which is correct?
The top box in My Progress in Student Planning is correct. Courses on the audit can double count, i.e. once in your major and once in liberal arts. If you are going to try to count credits yourself, please be sure to only count the course and credits once.
9. How do I get a course that I transferred in to substitute for a requirement?
A substitution form can be picked up in the Office of the Registrar or be downloaded from the student shared files on the Sage Passport. The policy indicates that you need approval from your advisor and the department chair/program coordinator for the catalog requirement, i.e. if you are trying to substitute a biology course, you will need the biology department chair’s signature regardless of what your major is. Please be aware that the form will not be processed unless you get these signatures. Email approval is permitted; you can attach it to the form.
10. How do I request my official transcript?
All orders for Official Transcripts are placed through the National Student Clearinghouse. For detailed information on requesting a transcript, please visit the Registrar’s page on the RSC website.
11. Student Planning? How do I use it?
12. I cannot get into Student Planning. What can I do?
Are you at work? Some employers (e.g., schools and hospitals) have blocked Student Planning. Try using your phone or home computer.
On a home computer? Log out, clear your history and cache (cookies). Log back in. Still not able to get in? Try using a different browser, or contacting the IT Help Desk at (518) 244-4777.
13. What if I cannot register?
Certain holds block registration. Check to see if you have holds at the top right of your screen.
You have to plan your courses first and then select sections for your courses. For example, the course is ACC-201, and section is 20 — ACC-201-20.
14. I have planned my section, and I still can’t get in!
What message are you seeing? Are you missing a prerequisite? Is the course waitlisted? If so, you must get approval (email or signature) from the department chair where the course is housed. If they approve it, ask them to email [email protected] with your name and course information. We will notify you when you can register yourself for the course.
In some cases, a Registration Exception Request must be completed. This request form can be found in Self-Service under the “Academics” tab.
15. Can I order a replacement diploma?
Yes. The fee for a Replacement Diploma is $50. Please contact the Office of the Registrar via phone or email for further details.
16. I completed my Degree! How do I apply for Licensure (OT, PT, MHC, ABA, etc.) with NYS or another state within the U.S.A.?
States other than NY may have different requirements. New York state typically requires that a Form 2 be completed and sent to the New York State Education Department directly from RSC. They may also require an Official Transcript. Please be sure to contact the NYSED office to verify exactly what documentation they require. Your Form 2 and any other required forms can be sent to the Registrar’s office via postal mail or email.
17. Can I get a copy of my unofficial transcript?
Yes. If you are an active student, you may obtain a copy of your unofficial transcript in Student Planning.
In This Section