1. After I have been accepted to an undergraduate program at Russell Sage College, how will I know what courses will transfer in?

Once you have been accepted, Admission then forwards all of your transcripts to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation for appropriate applicability to your program of study at Sage. In many instances, research for course descriptions and information on course content needs to be done and approved by faculty prior to a course being transferred into Sage. After all courses have been reviewed and applied to your record, a Transfer Equivalency Report listing all courses transferred in from your previous institution(s) with their respective Sage equivalent is then sent on to you for your records.

2. Can you send proof of my enrollment to my insurance company?

Yes. The enrollment verification request forms are available either in the Office of the Registrar or online. The form can be either faxed, mailed, or dropped off and requires the students signature for us to release enrollment information. Based on the students needs the form can be faxed, mailed or picked up in our office. This process normally takes 3-5 business days.

3. Can I register for classes or add/drop classes over the phone?

No. Course registration as well as add/drop can be completed through the use of Student Planning. However, there are times during the academic year when you will be required to come into the Office of the Registrar so we can process the request for you.

4. Can I cross-register for a class during the summer?

No. Cross-registration is available during the fall and spring semesters for full-time Russell Sage College undergraduate students only.

5. How long do I have to elect a class Pass/Fail?

Undergraduate students have until the 12th week of the semester to elect a class Pass/Fail. Students can specify, at the time they elect Pass/Fail, that they would like to keep their final letter grade if it is at or above a grade of their choosing. Faculty members are not informed of the students decision to elect a class Pass/Fail.

6. How do I go about obtaining approval for taking a summer course at another institution?

Complete a “Request for Approval of Transfer Credit” form and obtain all required signatures (Advisor, Program Coordinator/Chair, Dean in extenuating circumstances). This form is available in the Office of the Registrar. This form is then kept on file until you have your official transcript sent from the institution you attended. Once this official transcript is received, we then transfer in the course.

7. I submitted a course waiver, why didn’t I receive 3 credits for it?

If you get a course waived, it only means that you don’t have to take that course. A waiver does not mean that you will receive any credit for it to meet minimal credit hours completed for your degree.

8. My Progress in Student Planning states that I have XX number of credits. My advisor and I counted and I have twice that many. Which is correct?

The top box in My Progress in Student Planning is correct. Courses on the audit can double count, i.e. once in your major and once in liberal arts. If you are going to try to count credits yourself, please be sure to only count the course and credits once.

9. How do I get a course that I transferred in to substitute for a requirement?

A substitution form can be picked up in the Office of the Registrar or be downloaded from the student shared files on the Sage Passport. The policy indicates that you need approval from your advisor and the department chair/program coordinator for the catalog requirement, i.e. if you are trying to substitute a biology course, you will need the biology department chair’s signature regardless of what your major is. Please be aware that the form will not be processed unless you get these signatures. Email approval is permitted; you can attach it to the form.

10. How do I request my official transcript?

All transcript orders are placed through the National Student Clearinghouse. For detailed information on requesting a transcript, please visit [Transcript Request & Notations].

11. Student Planning? How do I use it?

For step-by-step directions, go to Registration Instructions. Feel free to stop in, call, or email and we will walk you through it — Troy 518-244-2341 (Cowee Hall) or Albany 518-292-1949 (Administration Building), or [email protected].

12. I cannot get into Student Planning. What can I do?

Are you at work? Some employers (e.g., schools and hospitals) have blocked Student Planning. Try using your phone or home computer.

On a home computer? Log out, clear your history and cache (cookies). Log back in. Still not able to get in? Try using a different browser.

13. What if I cannot register?

Certain holds also block registration. Check to see if you have holds at the top right of your screen.

You have to plan your courses first and then select sections for your courses. For example, the course is ACC-201, and section is 20 — ACC-201-20.

14. I have planned my section, and I still can’t get in!

What message are you seeing? Are you missing a prerequisite? If so, you must get approval (email or signature) from the department chair where the course is housed. If they approve it, ask them to email [email protected] with your name and course information. We will notify you when you can register yourself for the course.