Continuing VA Students
Continuing Students are asked to contact the VA Certifying Official immediately when they have registered for classes not only for the fall and spring semesters, but if they are planning on taking any summer classes as well.
Certification of Enrollment
For all chapter benefits (with the exception of Chapter 31) the VA Certifying Official at The Sage Colleges must notify the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) your enrollment each semester. It is your responsibility to contact our office at which time you are fully registered for a term. Your enrollment will be certified with the DVA shortly thereafter. IMPORTANT: IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO NOTIFY THE VA CERTIFYING OFFICIAL WHEN WITHDRAWING OR ADDING A COURSE. You can stop at our office and bring a copy of your official withdrawal showing the date(s) of withdrawal. Also if you plan on attending summer courses, you need to contact the VA Certifying official as well, [email protected].
Please note that Veterans Education Benefits at this time are considered a resource in the Financial Aid package and adjustments to other aid will be made as required by law. To find out what education benefits you quailify for and an application for VA benefits, please visit gibill.va.gov.
VA Resources & Forms
There are many resources available for students with Veteran Benefits. The links below are meant to assist you in locating these Resources.
- VONAPP (Application for Va Education Benefits)
- GI Bill
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- New York State Division of Veterans Affairs
- New York State Higher Education Corporation Veterans Tuition Awards
- VA Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits – Active Duty & Reserves)
- VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of VA Education Program or Place of Training)
- VA Form 22-5490 (Application for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance)
- VA Form 22-5495 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors’ & Dependents)
Buffalo Regional Processing Center
VA Regional Processing Office
130 South Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14202
General Information call Toll-Free: 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)