The Sage Colleges Recreation and Fitness Department promotes lifelong health and wellness through diverse and comprehensive programs, while fostering a sense of identity for those in the Sage community. Through the FITstop, the McKinstry Fitness Center, group fitness classes, club sports, intramural sports, outdoor education, employee wellness program and various partnerships throughout The Sage Colleges and surrounding areas, the Recreation and Fitness Department provides many options to meet the needs and desires of all participants.
Please refer to myportal.sage.edu or up to date information about Fitness Center hours and classes
|FitStop Fitness Center||Albany||Kahl Campus Center||292-1955|
|Kahl Gymnasium||Albany||Kahl Campus Center|
|McKinstry Fitness Center||Troy||McKinstry Student Center||244-3171|
|Meyer Gymnasium||Troy||Robison Center|
|Robison Gym||Troy||Robison Center|
** Open Gym times may be affected by College events, such as, games, intramurals, class dinners and Admission events and an accurate weekly schedule will be posted on the door each Monday.
The Recreation Department offers a variety of intramurals on both the Albany and Troy Campuses. Intramurals provide participants with an opportunity to participate in various recreational activities without requiring a long-time commitment or a need for a high level of playing ability. Intramurals are open to Sage College of Albany, Russell Sage College, School of Professional Studies, and Sage Graduate School students, faculty, administrators and staff. Intramurals allow us to compete against one another, as well as other members of the University Heights Association for specific sports, in a fun and exciting atmosphere.
Intramurals are offered in both team and individual sports throughout the academic year. They include such activities as flag football, 4-on-4 basketball, floor hockey, 5-on-5 indoor futsal soccer, personal fitness challenge and ultimate frisbee.
Intramural competitions are offered during both the spring and fall semesters
The Sage Colleges
Recreation and Fitness Department
OPEN GYM: These are hours that a campus gymnasium may be open for use but will not be staffed. These hours will only occur when Sage is open for regular business hours. Users of open gyms must:
- Be a current Sage student or Staff –All users must have their Sage ID them when using an open gym and they must present their ID card when asked by any college official, including but not limited to Public Safety Officers, College employees, and Recreation and Fitness Staff.
- Follow the buddy system – There needs to be at least two Sage users present at all times
- Provide their own equipment – All storage closets will remained locked during open gyms and users must provide their own equipment. Public safety will not unlock a storage closet for anyone during this time.
- Follow proper sign in procedures – Prior to entering the open gym, users must sign in at the front desk in Kahl 145. When leaving users must also sign out. If Kahl 145 if not open, the gym is not open for use.
** Any violation of this policy will result in the individual’s Open Gym privileges being revoked.
OPEN REC: These are hours that are staffed by the Recreation and Fitness Staff and students may checkout available equipment during these times. In order to participate in Open Rec Hours you must:
- Be a current Sage student or Staff –All users must have their Sage ID them when participating in Open Rec and they must present their ID card when asked by any college official, including but not limited to Public Safety Officers, College employees, and Recreation and Fitness Staff.
- Follow proper sign in procedures – Users must sign in with the student worker at the desk in the gymnasium. If a student does not sign in with their Sage ID they will not be allowed to enter Open Rec.
** Any violation of this policy will result in the individual’s Open Rec privileges being revoked.