1. Completed Application
Complete Sage’s free online application. Supplemental items may be submitted electronically through the online application portal or by mail/email to:
Office of Admission Processing
140 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
Some programs require additional documentation. Please see below.
Submit all official post-secondary (college) transcripts by mail or electronically where available.
3. Letters of Recommendation
Most graduate applicants are required to provide two professional references either through the online application (an email notification and submission instructions will be sent to your indicated references) or in a sealed envelope directly from the reference.
Graduate applicants to the Esteves School of Education’s Professional Education Program must submit only one letter of recommendation.
4. Career Goals Essay
Please craft a 2-3 page essay discussing your personal and professional goals as they relate to your graduate studies.
Submit a current resume.
6. Test Scores
GRE, MAT, or edTPA scores are required for the following programs within the Esteves School of Education:
- Childhood Education (B.S.)
- Childhood/Literacy Education (M.S.)
- Childhood/Special Education (M.S.)
- Literacy Education Birth-Grade 6 or Grades 5-12 (M.S.Ed)
- Literacy/Special Education (M.S.)
- Physical Education (B.S.)
- School Health Education (M.S.)
- Special Education (M.S.Ed)
7. Supplemental Forms and Requirements
The following programs have additional requirements:
- Doctor of Physical Therapy applicants must apply through the PTCAS system. For more information, contact [email protected].
- Dietetic Internship applicants must apply through the DICAS system. For more information, contact Michelle Morgan, the Dietetic Internship Coordinator, at [email protected].
- Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy applicants must also submit observation hours, academic standards, and prerequisite forms.
- International Students should refer to the International Admission page for additional requirements.
- Doctor of Education applicants must submit proof of 60 Master’s-level credit hours via official transcripts and three letters of recommendation.