The Occupational Therapy program at The Sage Colleges, which is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (ACOTE), achieved a 100 percent pass rate on the National Certification Exam in 2013 through 2015, according to the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
- Occupational Therapy (M.S. at the School of Health Sciences)
- Occupational Therapy: Accelerated 3+2 (B.A. or B.S. and M.S. at Russell Sage College and Sage College of Albany)
For admission to the Occupational Therapy program, students must earn a minimum overall 3.25 GPA in undergraduate coursework and complete the following prerequisite courses.
Please note that a 3.0 average in OT Program Science Prerequisites (Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2 and Physics) is required for admission.
OT Program Prerequisites (completed prior to entry into the graduate OT Program)
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II (with labs)
- Physics I (with lab)
- Introduction to Psychology (General Psychology)
- Human Development (Lifespan Development)
- Abnormal Psychology
- 3 credits of Sociology or Anthropology
Additionally, students should complete and document a minimum of 20 hours of clinical observation under the supervision of an occupational therapist prior to beginning the professional program.