The Occupational Therapy program at The Sage Colleges, which is accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association (ACOTE), achieved a 100 percent pass rate on the National Certification Exam in 2015 through 2018, according to the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
- Occupational Therapy (M.S. at the School of Health Sciences)
- Occupational Therapy: Accelerated 3+2 (B.A. or B.S. and M.S. at Russell Sage College and Sage College of Albany)
For admission to the Occupational Therapy program, students must earn a minimum overall 3.25 GPA in undergraduate coursework and complete the following prerequisite courses.
Please note that a 3.0 average in OT Program Science Prerequisites (Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2 and Physics) is required for admission.
OT Program Prerequisites (completed prior to entry into the graduate OT Program)
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II (with labs)
- Physics I (with lab)
- Introduction to Psychology (General Psychology)
- Human Development (Lifespan Development)
- Abnormal Psychology
- 3 credits of Sociology or Anthropology
Additionally, students should complete and document a minimum of 20 hours of clinical observation under the supervision of an occupational therapist prior to beginning the professional program.
The Sage Colleges Occupational Therapy Program is registered with the NYS Education Department and accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association, 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE’s telephone number c/o AOTA is (301) 652-2682 and its Web address is www.acoteonline.org.