S T U D E N T P L A N N I N G
• Log-in to SageAdvisor
• Click on Students box to access Students Menu.
• Go to Student Planning link in Registration section (for matriculated students).
REGISTRATION STEPS (quick method)
1. Student Planning – Go to Plan & Schedule link
2. Search for desired courses (sections) using Search bar at top of page
3. Add/plan specific course sections to Calendar view screen (by Term)
4. Register for: Sections. *Click on blue Register Now button.
STEP 1. PLAN SECTIONS. Use Options A or B below (or both)
Option A. Select & Plan: REQUIRED Course Sections using the MY PROGRESS link
• Click on: Go to Plan & Schedule link.
• Your current term schedule is displayed in Calendar view. Go to desired Term (>).
• Options: select courses from, 1. Progress tab or View My Progress link or, 2. your plan on the Timeline tab (-if created).
Directions using PROGRESS tab:
• Click on Progress tab to view degree progress & required courses you need to complete.
• Courses needed are listed in Red type (“not started”).
• Click on course, then click on, “View available Sections for ” to view Terms offered, Days/Times, Location. Use filter in left column to narrow search.
• Select course and click on Add Section to Schedule (as a planned section)
• In course Section Details box, click on Add Section.
• To select and plan additional courses sections – repeat steps above.
Option B. Select & Plan: GENERAL Course Search: search/plan ALL course sections.
• Click on Go to Plan & Schedule link.
• Your current term schedule is displayed in Calendar view
• Select Term: Use the right arrow (>) next to the semester/year to scroll to the desired semester.
• To Search for course sections (to add as “planned” sections to your calendar schedule screen), type course information in the Search bar in upper right. Examples: MAT, MAT-220, MAT 220, MAT220, statistics. Or use commas to search multiple courses, MAT-220, COM-104.
• Tip: use FILTER Fields in LEFT margin when searching for courses.
• List of all courses matching search criteria appears.
• To view course offering information (Terms offered, Days/Times, Location) click on, “View available Sections for ”
• Once you have selected the course section you would like, click on, Add Section to Schedule (as a planned section).
• In the course Section Details box, click on Add Section.
• Repeat searching & planning steps above for each desired course section.
• Planned Courses appear in light YELLOW. Planned Sections appear in bright GOLD.
STEP 2. REGISTER for SECTIONS
• Review: once you are finished with planning (placing sections on schedule screen), view your planned weekly schedule. Review campus locations and possible travel/time conflicts between campuses. Note: online and internship courses will appear at bottom of screen.
• Click on Register Now button. OR, you may Register for individual sections listed in left margin – click on Register button next to each course.
• Registered classes (enrolled) are in listed Green box and listed with a Green check mark.Course status of “Registered” or “Registered, but not started” = enrolled in course.
• Credit information/Schedule results is listed on Top margin of Calendar schedule screen (left side of screen). You will see # of Credits: Planned, Enrolled & Wait-listed. Enrolled number = Registered credits.
• Tip: use Print button to see a list of courses and course status (Registered, but not started; Waitlisted; or Planned). Registered = enrolled in course.
STEP 3. VIEW Class Schedule (enrolled sections) & Textbook Information
Student Planning schedule screen – Calendar view:
• Registered classes (enrolled) are in listed Green font, Green box with a Green check mark. “Registered, but not started” means that you are officially enrolled in the course.
• To see classes in list format & building/classroom information – use the Print button
• To see Campus location (Albany or Troy): go to list of enrolled courses in left margin. Click on “Meeting Information” link.
• TEXTBOOK information: go to courses listed in left margin and click on Course Title. Click on Bookstore Information link.
If a seat opens in the course and you are next on the Waitlist, you will receive an email notice in your sage.edu account from, [email protected] This email gives you a DEADLINE (day & time) by which you must go to Student Planning and adjust your schedule – – ‘Register’ in the course (section). Important: If you miss the deadline, you lose the seat and spot on the waitlist. Be sure to check your @ sage.edu email address regularly. Note: if you are not interested in course, click on Drop Waitlist, so another student may get a seat.
Steps: SageAdvisor – Student Planning – Plan & Schedule – select > Term. Go to courses listed in Left margin of Calendar Schedule screen. Note: the previous “Drop Waitlist” button changes to “Register”. Click on Register.
• Use FILTER column in left margin when searching for course sections.
• Be sure to check Campus Location (Albany or Troy).
• Registered courses are in Green font, green box with a green check mark. Planned courses are in light Yellow. Planned sections are bright Gold.
• RSC & SCA students must be cleared by their faculty advisor (major) to be eligible for registration. See Student Preparation handout – PDF
• Registrar’s Office Forms – My Portal (Sage User ID & Password required)
• Faculty Advisor name & contact information is listed on the Progress screen in SageAdvisor/Student Planning under Show Program Notes link.
• Sage Shuttle schedule
• Tuition & Tuition Due Dates
DROP a Course
- Prior to the specified Add/Drop deadline – you may use Student Planning to Drop courses
- You must clear any “Holds” to utilize the Add and Drop functions
- To Drop a course: click on Course in course list in left margin (calendar view). Click on Drop button, select course from list (checkmark), then click on Update.
WITHDRAW from a Course
- After the posted Add/Drop deadline has passed, to “Withdraw” from a course you will need to complete a Registration Change form prior to the specified course withdrawal deadline. (See Academic Calender).
- On the Add/Drop form, RSC and SCA day students need their faculty advisor’s signature and the course instructor’s signature.
- Bring the completed form to the Registrar/Office of Student Services.
- A grade of “W” will appear on your official transcript.
- Important: be sure to inquire how course withdrawal affects graduation timeline and eligibility for financial aid & loans.
General Registration Information
Students are responsible for resolving all “Holds” to be eligible for Registration and Add/Drop. Hold information is posted in Student Planning – Plan & Schedule screen.
|Hold||Possible Reason for Hold…||Phone|
|Admission||Missing final transcript(s)||518-292-1730||[email protected]|
|Financial Aid||My Sage Aid item needed; USAP appeal required||518-292-1783||[email protected]|
|Finance & Business||Previous term tuition balance due; parking fine, dorm fine||518-244-4744||[email protected]|
|Library||Book overdue fine||518-292-1721||[email protected]|
|Perkins Loan||Perkins promissory note due||518-244-4744||[email protected]|
|Student Accounts||Tuition payment issue||518-292-1788||[email protected]|
|Wellness Center||Immunization record needed||518-292-1917||[email protected]|
Class Standing or Academic Level
RSC and SCA students register by academic level. Academic level or class standing is determined by the total number of completed credits on record as listed in SageAdvisor.
Freshman, 0-23 completed credits
Sophomore, 24-53 completed credits
Junior, 54-86 completed credits
Senior, 87 or more completed credits