Steps (in order): 1. Plan courses then, 2. Register.
1. PLAN Courses
A. Select & Plan: REQUIRED courses
• Click on: Plan Your Degree & Register for Classes (or Go to Plan & Schedule).
• Your current term schedule is displayed in calendar/weekly view.
• Options: select courses from, 1. your Plan on the Timeline tab (if created) or, 2. Progress tab or View My Progress link.
Directions using Progress tab:
• Click on Progress tab to view degree progress & required courses you need to complete.
• Courses needed are listed in Red type (“not started”).
• Click on course, then click on, “View available Sections for ” to view Terms offered, Days/Times, Location
• Select course and click on Add Section to Schedule (as a planned course)
• In course Section Details box, click on Add Section.
• To select and plan additional courses – repeat steps above.
B. Select & Plan: GENERAL or ELECTIVE courses (or Search of ALL courses)
• Click on Plan Your Degree & Register for Classes (or Go to Plan & Schedule).
• Your current term schedule is displayed in calendar/weekly view (Schedule tab)
• Term: Use the right arrow > next to the semester/year to scroll to the desired semester.
• To Search for Courses (to add as “planned” courses to your schedule screen), type course information in the Search bar. Examples: MAT, MAT-220, MAT 220, statistics. Or use commas to search multiple courses, MAT-220, COM-104.
• List of courses matching search criteria appears.
• Tip: use filter column in left margin when searching for courses.
• To view course offering information (Terms offered and Days/Times, Location) click on, “View available Sections for ”
• Once you have selected the course section you would like click on, Add Section to Schedule (as a planned course).
• In the course Section Details box, click on Add Section.
• To add more planned courses to your schedule, click on, Back to Plan & Schedule link.
• Repeat searching/planning steps above for each desired course.
2. REGISTER for courses
• Once you are finished with planning (scheduling) classes, view your planned weekly schedule. Review campus locations and possible travel/time conflicts between campuses.
• Click on Register Now button. Or you may Register for individual courses listed in left margin – click on Register button next to course.
• Registered courses are in Green box.
• Top margin of schedule (left side of screen) you will see # of Credits: Planned, Enrolled & Waitlisted. Enrolled = Registered.
3. VIEW CLASS SCHEDULE
• To see classroom information – use the Print button in Schedule tab.
• To see Campus location (Albany or Troy), see list of enrolled courses in left margin. Click on “Meeting Information” link.
• Class schedule information is also available in SageAdvisor (Student menu/Academic Profile) using the My Class Schedule link.
• Use filter column in left margin when searching for courses.
• Be sure to check Campus location (Albany or Troy).
• Current and registered courses are in Green box. Planned courses are in Yellow box.
• RSC & SCA students must be cleared by their advisor to be eligible for registration.
• Sage Shuttle schedule – click here
• Tuition & Tuition Due Dates – click here
Students are responsible for resolving all “Holds” to be eligible for Registration and Add/Drop.
|Hold||Possible Reason for Hold…||Phone (518)||Email (@sage.edu)|
|Admission||Missing final transcript(s)||292-1730||scaadm|
|Financial Aid||SageAdvisor item incomplete; USAP appeal required||292-1783||finaid|
|Finance & Business||Previous term tuition balance due; parking fine, dorm fine||244-4744||barthm|
|Library||Book overdue fine||292-1721||library|
|Perkins Loan||Perkins promissory note due||244-4744||barthm|
|Student Accounts||Tuition payment issue||292-1788||studentaccounts|
|Wellness Center||Immunization record needed||292-1917||kingk2|
DROP a Course
- Prior to the specified Add/Drop deadline – you may use Student Planning to drop courses
- You must clear any “Holds” to utilize the Add/Drop function
- To drop a course: click on course, click on Drop, then click on Update.
WITHDRAW from a Course
- After the posted Add/Drop deadline has passed, to “Withdraw” from a course you will need to complete a Registration Change form prior to the specified course withdrawal deadline. (See Academic Calender).
- On the Add/Drop form, SCA day students need their faculty advisor’s signature and the course instructor’s signature.
- Bring the completed form to the Registrar/Office of Student Services.
- A grade of “W” will appear on your official transcript.
Class Standing or Academic Level
Academic classification or undergraduate class standing is determined by the total number of COMPLETED credits on record (in SageAdvisor) earned toward the Sage degree:
Freshman, 0-23 completed credits
Sophomore, 24-53 completed credits
Junior, 54-86 completed credits
Senior, 87 or more completed credits