2020-2021 Room and Board Costs
Covid-19 Update Regarding Fall 2020 Housing
On April 29, the Office of Residence Life made the decision that all resident students will be required to live in single rooms for the Fall 2020 semester.
Opting to have students live in single rooms allows us to reduce the density in our residence halls by 50%, while still giving students the on-campus experience they have come to love at Sage. Additionally, reducing building density will allow our facilities staff to scale up their cleaning and sanitizing routines in the common spaces of the residence halls, all of which are designed to meet or exceed CDC guidelines.
Although all students living in Sage-owned residence hall facilities for Fall 2020 will be residing in single occupancy rooms, they will be billed at the double-room rate of $3215 (Troy) or $3400 (Albany) for the semester. Please note this change does not impact students selecting to live in University Heights College Suites.
Troy Campus Room Rates
- Troy Standard Double/Triple: $3,215 per semester
- Troy Single: $3,550 per semester
Albany Campus Room Rates
- Albany Standard Double: $3,400 per semester
- University Heights College Suites Single: $3,900 per semester
Resident Student Meal Plan Rates
- 19 Plan: $3,320 per semester
- 12 Plan: $3,320 per semester
- Block 150 Plan: $3,320 per semester
- Suite 75 Plan: $1,360 per semester (Albany sophomores, juniors, and seniors only)
- Senior 5 Plan: $2,100 per semester (Troy seniors only)
Resident Student Meal Plan Add-Ons
- 105 Additional Declining Balance (DCB): $100 per semester
- 3 Gift Packages During Semester: $100 per semester
- “Stash your Pad” Food & Beverage Stock: $100 per semester
Commuter and Graduate Student Meal Plan Rates
In addition to any of the resident meal plan options listed above, Commuters and Graduate Students can also choose from:
- 525 DCB Plan: $500 per semester
- 205 DCB Plan: $200 per semester
- 75 DCB Plan: $75 per semester
Graduate and commuter students are not required to have a meal plan.
Important Information About Meal Plans
- Students enrolled in a Board Meal Plan (19, 12, Block 150, Senior 5 and Suite 75) in the Fall semester will automatically be enrolled in the same plan for the Spring Semester
- All meal plan contracts become final, and cannot be changed, after the first Friday of classes each semester
- The undergraduate residence halls are non-cooking facilities.
- Commuter and graduate students who wish to have DCB roll over from the fall to spring semester must be enrolled in an active meal plan for both terms.
- Additional information regarding meal plans can be found on Sodexo’s website.