The Sage Colleges plans a day of service in the Albany and Troy communities called “Sage Engaged” in the Fall semester. This upcoming academic year, it will be held on Wednesday October 2, 2019.
Thank you to over 150 students and staff that participated in 2018!
Read more about Sage Engaged in President Ames’ blog.
This event existed in the past during orientation for first-year students, but starting in 2017, the day of service was expanded to include the entire campus community.
This event held annually is a chance for students to get to know their immediate community, get involved, and learn the opportunities for volunteering.
The Sage Colleges has partnered with:
- Troy Boy’s and Girl’s Club
- Joseph’s House
- Capital City Rescue Mission
- Beth Emeth
- Ronald McDonald House
- Parsons Child and Family Center
- and more…
Each non-profit organization has a specific need, and students and the Sage community work in shifts to meet that need. Some examples of service projects include:
- Putting together welcome bags/backpacks/letters
- Skilled jobs such as cleaning, painting, gardening, and baking
- Providing help with after school/child care programs
- Painting crosswalks in Troy
Sign ups will begin again in Sept. 2019.
If you have questions, or if you are a non-profit in the area that wants to participate, please contact Carleen Pallante, Director of Career Planning, at [email protected]