The Sage Colleges is planning a day of service in the Albany and Troy communities called “Sage Engaged” on Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
This event has existed in the past during orientation for first-year students, but this year the day of service has been expanded to include the entire campus community.
This event is a chance for students to get to know their immediate community, get involved, and learn the opportunities for volunteering.
The Sage Colleges is partnering with:
- Troy Boy’s and Girl’s Club
- Joseph’s House
- Capital City Rescue Mission
- Beth Emeth
- Ronald McDonald House
- Parsons Child and Family Center
- and more…
Each non-profit organization has a specific need, and students and the Sage community will be working in shifts on September 20 to meet that need. Some of these service projects include:
- Putting together welcome bags/backpacks/letters
- Skilled jobs such as cleaning, painting, gardening, and baking
- Providing help with after school/child care programs
- Painting crosswalks in Troy
The entire Sage community is welcome to sign up!
If you have questions, please contact Carleen Pallante, Director of Career Planning, at [email protected]