The Sage Colleges plans a day of service in the Albany and Troy communities called “Sage Engaged” in September. This year was held on Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
Thank you to over 250 students and staff that participated this year!
Read more about Sage Engaged in President Ames’ blog.
This event existed in the past during orientation for first-year students, but this year the day of service has been expanded to include the entire campus community.
This event held annually is a chance for students to get to know their immediate community, get involved, and learn the opportunities for volunteering.
This year The Sage Colleges partnered with:
- Troy Boy’s and Girl’s Club
- Joseph’s House
- Capital City Rescue Mission
- Beth Emeth
- Ronald McDonald House
- Parsons Child and Family Center
- and more…
Each non-profit organization had a specific need, and students and the Sage community worked in shifts on September 20 to meet that need. Some of these service projects included:
- Putting together welcome bags/backpacks/letters
- Skilled jobs such as cleaning, painting, gardening, and baking
- Providing help with after school/child care programs
- Painting crosswalks in Troy
Stayed tuned for future sign ups in August 2018.
If you have questions, please contact Carleen Pallante, Director of Career Planning, at [email protected]