- Go To Home
- Advising FAQs
- Conferencing & Event Services
- Graduate Programs
- Solutions at Sage
- Thank You!
- Undergraduate Programs
- Mission & History
- Fast Facts
- President’s Office
- Board of Trustees
- Office of The Provost
- Strategic Planning
- Accolades & Accreditations
- Resources & Initiatives
- The Women’s Institute
- Thrive @ Russell Sage
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- Greener Sage
- Consumer Information
- Conferencing & Events
- Maps & Directions
- Work at Sage
- Offices & Centers
- Academic Calendar
- Program Finder
- List of Academic Programs
- General Education
- Courses & Catalogs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- Esteves School of Education
- Dean’s Welcome
- Academic Programs
- Applied Behavior Analysis Program Details
- Educational Leadership Program Details
- Faculty & Staff
- Conceptual Framework
- Graduate Symposium Award-Winners
- School of Health Sciences
- Dean’s Welcome
- Faculty & Staff
- Biology Program
- Health Sciences Program
- Nursing Programs
- Nutrition Programs
- M.S. Occupational Therapy Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Program
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Programs
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Studies
- Psychology Programs
- Forensic Mental Health Program
- School of Management
- Evening & Weekend Programs
- Online Programs
- Academic Resources
- Office of the Registrar
- Accreditations & Affiliations
- Student Accounts
- Student Services
- Advisement & Support
- Centers of Inquiry
- Council for Citizenship Education
- Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung Center for the Promotion of Mental Health & School Safety
- The Helen M. Upton Center for Women’s Studies
- The Kathleen A. Donnelly Center for Undergraduate Research
- Sage Climate Crisis Educational Center
- Sage-SIFT Alliance
- The Center for Teaching & Learning
- Institutional Review Board
- Rubin Community Fellows Program
- Broughton Graduate Fellowship
- Find Funding Sources
- Graduate Research Symposium
- Centers of Inquiry
- Special Opportunities
- Admission & Aid
- Undergraduate Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Request Info
- Visit, Events & Virtual Tours
- Evening, Weekend & Online Programs
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid Resources
- Undergraduate Aid
- Graduate Student Aid
- State & Federal Aid
- Federal Financial Aid Refund Policy and Calculations
- Undergraduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Graduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- VA Continuing Students
- VA New Students
- VA Transfer Students
- Verification by Inceptia
- Verification of Financial Aid
- Institutional Aid & Scholarships
- Financial Aid FAQ
- Meet the Financial Aid Staff
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Student Life
- Student Life Office
- Residence Life
- Wellness Center
- Stall Stories
- Health Services
- Counseling Services
- After-Hours Care
- Immunization Forms
- Accessibility Services
- Recreation & Fitness
- Wellness Center Staff
- Clubs & Activities
- Spirituality Center
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Sage Allies
- Title IX
- What Is Title IX?
- Top 10 Things Students Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Top 10 Things Employees Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Students’ Bill of Rights
- Sexual Offense Policies & Procedures
- Faculty and Staff Resources for Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
- Reporting Rights
- Reporting & Confidential Resources
- Campus Climate Executive Summary
- It’s On Us: Sexual Assault Prevention
- Career Planning
- Resources for Students
- Student Employment
- Virtual Work Experience
- Video Tips & Webinars
- Parent & Family Guide
- Job Search Guide
- Websites for Specific Majors
- Alumnae & Alumni
- For Employers
- Student Organizations
- Faculty & Staff
- Career Closet
- Sage Engaged
- STEM/Healthcare Career Expo
- Diverse Population Resources
- Office of Career Planning
- The Rev
- News & Events
- Corporate, Government and Foundation Relations
- List of Current Funds
- Make a Gift
- Missing Alumni
- New Student Welcome
What undergraduate Nursing programs are offered at Russell Sage College?
Russell Sage College offers a comprehensive B.S. Degree in Nursing. This is a “daytime” program and priority deadlines do apply. Please contact the Office of Admission at 518-244-2217 or [email protected] for more details.
Does Russell Sage Colleges offer a two-year associate’s degree program in Nursing?
Not at this time. The undergraduate programs at Russell Sage College and Evening, Weekend & Online are both B.S. in Nursing programs
Not at this time. Please visit the Nursing for RNs program page for more information. Also – please feel free to contact the Graduate and Adult Admission Office at 518-292-8615 with any questions.
- Fall semester: March 1.
- Spring semester: October 1.
Only applicants who have submitted ALL application materials will have their application reviewed. Please begin your free online application.
All applications that are fully completed and submitted by the priority deadline will have decisions mailed on April 15 for Fall and November 15 for Spring. Admission decisions will not be available until that date.
Accepted students will need to pay their enrollment deposit ($200 commuter, $300 resident) by May 15 for Fall and December 15 for Spring. Any open class spaces will be offered to students on a waitlist after the October 1 deadline.
Not at this time. You may apply for future semesters, if interested.
Candidates must have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA and 3.0 “Nursing classes” GPA in order to be accepted to the Nursing program. Candidates who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements will not be offered admission to Nursing program at Russell Sage College.
Please keep in mind that an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher does not guarantee admission to the program. Many factors are considered when applications are reviewed.
- all official transcripts from previous institutions attended (high school transcripts are not needed if you have completed at least 30 college credits)
- one (1) letter of recommendation.
- one (1) personal statement.
- one (1) Nursing Support Course Form.
- completed FAFSA forms (Russell Sage College 002810) that have been received by the Russell Sage College by the deadline. Please call Student Services at 518-244-2201 to confirm reception of documents.
The Nursing program at Russell Sage College does not require that prerequisite courses be taken prior to admittance. However, there are courses a student will need to successfully complete prior to being granted permission to register for upper-level nursing courses. Transfer credit for prerequisite coursework that has been taken at other institutions will honored according to Russell Sage College Transfer Equivalency Policy. Please review our Transfer Credit Policy for more information.
Please review our Nursing Program Guide to see the Nursing (B.S.) degree requirements. This page is an excellent resource for students who would like to estimate how long it would take to complete the Nursing program.
Transcript evaluation and the awarding of credits from previous institutions takes place once a student is accepted. Full evaluations will not be available for students who have not been accepted to the program. For information about prerequisite course transfer please consult our Nursing Program Guide.
It is highly advised that you have received grades of 3.0-4.0 on prerequisite coursework. It will drastically improve the possibility of admission to the program.
For questions about specific courses (not full transcript evaluation), please contact our registrar office at 518-292-1787.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer admission to all nursing candidates. Admission decisions for a particular semester are final and special circumstances will not be considered.
Students who meet the 3.0 GPA requirement may apply the next consecutive semester.
Students who do not meet the 3.0 GPA requirement may re-apply to the program after one calendar year has passed. In order to improve the chances of being admitted to the program, it is suggested that coursework be taken at other institutions to raise overall and science GPAs. It is highly suggested that appointments to meet with the Office of Admission or Nursing faculty be scheduled only after successfully improving GPAs at other institutions.
This page is for reference only. The Office of Admission and Nursing Department at Russell Sage College reserve the right to change policies at any time.
In This Section