Accelerated 3+2 Leading to a M.S. in Occupational Therapy
Sage has developed an innovative 3+2 program where students can complete a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from Russell Sage College and a Master of Science degree in in Occupational Therapy from Sage Graduate School in just over five years of study.
Qualified students accelerate into first year graduate courses to complete fourth year undergraduate electives. The B.A. or B.S. is awarded after the fourth year, and the M.S. in Occupational Therapy upon completion of fifth year graduate courses and fieldwork. Sage has the only accredited master’s degree in Occupational Therapy in the Capital District Region of New York State.
3+2 Program Features
- Students complete college major and general education requirements as well as Occupational Therapy Program prerequisite courses during first three years of undergraduate study.
- Students have regular contact with Occupational Therapy faculty through advisement.
- Students who earn a minimum overall 3.25 GPA in undergraduate study that includes no less than a “C” in the OT Program’s prerequisite courses, are guaranteed admission into the graduate Occupational Therapy Program.
- Students receive the BA or BS after their fourth year of studies, and the MS in Occupational Therapy at the completion of fifth year courses and fieldwork.
3+2 RSC Undergraduate Major Options Leading to the M.S. in Occupational Therapy
- Biology and Occupational Therapy
- Creative Arts in Therapy and Occupational Therapy
- English and Occupational Therapy
- Health Sciences and Occupational Therapy
- Psychology and Occupational Therapy
- Sociology and Occupational Therapy
These Russell Sage College undergraduate majors provide an excellent foundation for becoming an Occupational Therapist and can be completed in a 3+2 format. Students choosing from among these majors will have faculty advisors in both undergraduate liberal arts and graduate OT departments. Each 3+2 sequence includes OT Program prerequisite courses.
Additionally, the following liberal arts majors can also be completed in the 3+2 format: Criminal Justice, Interdisciplinary Studies and Math. Visit to the Russell Sage College catalog to view the educational sequence for these majors.
Procedures for RSC Students to Accelerate into the MS in OT Program
By January 15 of the third year (or equivalent) of undergraduate academic study at RSC, students who are accelerating into the MS in OT program will complete the following (submit all paperwork to the OT Program office):
- review Procedures for Acceleration
- complete OT Program Acceleration forms: Academic Standards Statement, Clinical Observation Document, Program Prerequisite Record
- submit current resume